|Home > Ministries > Women's Concern
BOARD FOR WOMEN'S CONCERNS DIOCESAN WOMEN'S FELLOWSHIP
Director : Mrs. Rev. Joan Devasahayam
Convener : Mrs. Florence Leonard, 9884035382
- Organizing Work-Shops, Coferences, Retreatsnad Rallies, and Celebrations,Orentation Programs.
- Running Pre-Schools in different rural areas for children between 2-5 equip the children and motivating education.
- Ministries in the remote villages to give Christian Education to women in villages for their wholistic life through Bible women.
- The Counseling Centre renders meaningful services to various age group in families counseling, marital counseling and teens counseling and Help line for Women in distress.
- It has training programs for barefoot counselors and conducts training courses and workshops to various target groups.
- To run a marriage Bureau
- To create a Prayer and study cell for church women to enrich their understanding of Bible in women's perspective relating to present contexts.
- A short stay shelter for girls and women in distress.
- To start a cell for prevention of violence against women.
- To start a Bureau for Vocational Guidance for employment.
Co-ordinator: Mrs. Joyce Priscilla
Aims & objectives:
To systematically teach and nurture the rural uneducated women, with practical lessons on Faith, Prayer, Love, Sharing & Witness. These Bible Women reach < the unreached Women & children in remote rural areas.
Co-ordinator: Mrs. R. Gandhimathi
- To mould the personality of the children in the age group of 2 to 5 years.
- To encourage the economically backward parents to educate their Female children.
- To educate the adults in the family to develop concern for their children.
- To give parental care to the children in rural areas.
- Teachers Guide Book and Text Book are utilized.
- A new syllabus had been introduced with an aim of developing the wholistic of the child.
- To provide nutritious food.
Co-ordinator: Mrs.J. Ezilarasi,
- Establishment of counseling centers, one at the Diocesan Level and one each in all four areas of the Diocese, which will be run by professionally trained personal competent to handle all marital and family problems and offer a Help line to women in distress.
- Training: The centre will form a resource team both with professionals from within and outside the Church .It will impact and organize training programs on various topics related to strengthening both marital and family life.
- Resource Agency: The Counseling department will also act as a resource agency in deputing selected individuals for short term crash courses in the Diocese.
- Identifying potential people who can become trainers.
- To identify the needs / concerns / issues that need to be addressed.
- Sensitizing / and enhancing the congregation and church's capacity to respond and comfort people in distress.
- To create and awareness at various levels(Church, Schools, community etc). on social concerns.
- To encourage, assist and support people who are involved in Counselling.
- To offer Help Line to women in distress.
- Networking with like-minded groups.
- Preparing informative educational and communication material.
Establishment of short stay shelter and Help Line for women and girls in distress.
Promotion of 'Bare – foot counselors.
Professional Pre – matital counseling.
Establishing a 'Resource Library'.
Identifying and equipping individuals or families to be 'foster parents' as a supportive system.
W.F.Vice President :Mrs. Geetha Karunakaran
Secretary :Mrs. Dorothy Dayanandan
Treasurer :Mrs. Ruth Regina