|Home > Church > Urban Rural Mission
|Urban Rural Mission
URBAN RURAL MISSION ( MDURM)
Director: Mr.Koilpillai - 9445815812
Aims and Objectives:
To Develop the people working in the industries, and unorganized sectors, both in rural and urban areas, for betterment in their standard of living , financial management of their homes and to enable them to play a responsible role in the nation building process.
The board will work towards…
- Mobilizing Christians and non- Christian employees either within a congregation or a cluster of localities, for unity solidarity and mutual encouragement.
- Encouraging such workers to start prayer fellowships to strengthen their commitment in their work and prayer.
- Organizing seminars, debates and retreats, based on themes related to their day to day life, including leadership, inter- personal relationship, budgeting, savings and healthy home etc.
- Arranging counseling sessions, to enable them overcome stress and strain in their life both in family and society due to certain addictions and lack of orientation.
- Affirming the committed workers as true witnesses in their secular vocations while leading a life of good quality.
- Annual may day rally in Chennai and other rural areas. (Arakkonam & Chinglepet).
- Cluster level seminars in 4 centers on quality life and happy home-based on kingdom values.
- Bible study-on life oriented value education at each pastorate.
- Workshops in counseling budgeting-harmonious life-consumer patterns-savings through expert groups in all 4 areas of our Diocese.
- Joint meetings for employers and employees for better understanding and goodwill among themselves.
- To run an employment and training center to help and assist-rural migrant workers and unemployed pavement and street people ( unorganized sector).