|Home > Ministries > Socio Economic Concerns
|Socio Economic Concerns
BOARD FOR SOCIO – ECONOMIC CONCERNS
Director: Mr.Koilpillai - 9445815812
Aims and Objectives
The Board for Socio-Economic concerns envisages to facilitate the congregations for the Diocese to look outside their Church walls and into their immediate neighbourhood.
- To help congregations understand the –situation-prevailing in the neighbourhood and the dynamics in operation.
- To assist congregations in initiating involvement in the struggles of the people and living conditions amidst whom she is called to serve.
- Relief and Reconstruction
- Welfare and Development
- Institutional and Specialized Services
- Community Organization and Social Action
- Area level training programs(4) for Pastors and the representatives from each of the Pastorate Committees.
- Cluster level training programs (18) for the Church members from each of the Pastorate in the diocese.
- Pastorate level training programs for interested members of each congregation – all the three categories of training programs focused on understanding the current context, need appraisal, strategy formulation learning mobilization of local resources.
- Special Training programs
- Addiction concerns
- HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- The evil face of nuclear energy
- Industrial pollution in the context of globalization
- Organizing the unorganized ( construction workers and quarry workers)
- Issue based seminars / conference
- Community organization and social action
- Special Projects – aging gracefully
- Studies - DEEPAN, senior citizens among pavement dwellers.
- Small initiative support to senior citizens.
- Welfare o charity , spectacles and eye surgery
- Referral and career counseling and guidance
- Voluntary youth building camp
- NGO / CBO collaborative efforts – ATSWA , ATSWO
- Liason and consultancy services
- Community health in the areas surrounding the CSI hospitals in the rural areas.
- Supplementary education programs
- Non – residential education al support programs for senior citizens.
- Formation of committee for the protection of villages' resources.
- Training programs for citizens in the panchayat areas.
- Strengthening of the Ulloror thirupani kuzhus (UTK)
- Issue based networking of / with NGO's and CBOs
- Intervention in the area of those seeking charity.
- Coaching for entrance exams
- Revitalization of the existing special homes and institutions.
- Training of the Diocesan personnel and volunteers
- Resource mobilization.